Teh URL

Friday, July 15, 2005

Noel Gallagher With Burt Bacharach - This Guys In Love With You

Released: 1996
Download It (3.4Mb)



"Then there was... Sat in Burt Bacharach's hotel room one afternoon singing This guy's in love with you, just me and him on piano, that was quite ludicrous as well, just for the fact that he's 67 and I'm 29. Could be my Grandad. I mean, what do you talk to him about. I was just coming on like, (looks blank for a few seconds) D'ya like The Clash? He's like, (Bacharach's foppy West Coast bur to a tee) Uh, I can't say I've ever heard of them. Then he idles over to the piano on the other side of the room and starts playing the intro to This Guy's In Love With You. Then he turn around to me and goes, Just join in, man. I'm sat there thinking, How the fuck did I manage to get here? Doing the show at the Royal Festival Hall was nerve-wracking because I'd never sang without being up there with an electric or acoustic guitar. I was sat on a stool with a microphone like fucking Val Doonican, with a 36-piece orchestra behind me being directed by Burt Bacharach. It was ace. Mad."

- Noel Gallagher, select magazine - aug '96

He's an idiot but it's a nice song.

7/10

1 Comments:

  • brilliant track, would love to see how uncomfortable noel looked though...just goes to show how good noels voice is, the mans a legend.

    the other guy that comments really has no idea what he's on about...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 06, 2008 8:13 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home