Teh URL

Friday, October 07, 2005

When Prog Bands Turned Ghey



Look, I AM planning to get into their critically-lauded 'proper' 70s stuff, but as a child of the 80s, this stuff was the real "Yes" and "Genesis" to me.

Forced to aclimatise to the MTV Generation and a massive downswell of interest in 'prog', these bands recorded shallow, clinical over-processed 80s pop. I love it.

Genesis - Invisible Touch
Released: 1985
Download
9/10

Yes - Owner Of a Lonely Heart
Released: 1983
Download
7/10

3 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 07, 2005 9:53 pm  

  • As a child of the 70's, I saw the original Yes a few times and wore out my triple vinyl "Yessongs" live album back then. Recently borrowed-"The Yes Album", "Close To The Edge" and "Fragile".They really are fun in a way, I like new and old everything, but the early Yes really has some hooks and meanders less than you might think. It's uncool but I don't care. I never really got into Genesis. The 80's stuff by these bands bummed me out back then. Enjoy your page.-Tom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 09, 2005 1:27 am  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 13, 2005 10:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home