Teh URL

Friday, March 11, 2005

My Chemical Romance - Vampires Will Never Hurt You

Track Review
Released: 2002
Download It (8.6MB)

On the train home today I watched 2 sisters, they wouldnt have been more then 7 and 10 years old, the smaller girl was intent on causing trouble, so what started as a few gentle prods quickly escalated into a furious whirlpool of anger, violence and eventually shame. Seeing that reminded me of my initial experience with this song.

I had eyeballed the title, stupid, full of xxxCrushdSoulxxx emo-ness with goth imagery. It had to be crap, this was gonna be easy pickings. Locking horns with the beast, it had been okay at first, standard twinkling emo chords and muted, spoken lyrics, nothing I hadn't seen before, I was ready to execute my attack.

Then the incoherant shrieking about vampires, stakes and doctors started. Gerard was off and darting through this song like a crazy monkey on speed, the band doing it's best to keep up. From that point on, I was stalling for time.

Eventually I was left alone in the dark crying, not because I had just been aurally violated.

But because I had enjoyed it.

8/10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home