Teh URL

Monday, March 14, 2005

Brazilian Girls - Die Gedankan Sind Frie (Thoughts Are Free)

Track Review
Released: 2005
http://money.cnn.com/2005/03/18/news/international/aljazeera/Download It
(7.0MB)

It's funny, I did a web search for "Brazilian Girls" and ended up sidetracked for a number of hours before I found any kind of information on the band. As a result though I now have 3 brides in Brazil, just don't tell my 4 brides in Russia cause they'll fucken spew.

Brazilian Girls are one of those pretentious "citizen of the world" groups. Oh look, we can sing in 4 different languages! We have multiple musical influences! Oh look, our lead singer is sultry and wears a beret! And she's a former jazz singer!

Ah, jazz. What a worthless piece of shit form of musical expression.

OK, so the Brazilian Girls and I got off on the wrong foot, so to speak. But then I realised that my music collection was absolutely crying out for cruisy lounge music with ominous military overtones.

There's a recurring piano sound in here which almost makes the trip-hop/lounge/world music soundscape around it interesting. It plods along menacingly while Sabina urgently breathes her lyrics over the top, as sensually as one possibly could in German. This is, after all, the language where you say "Mit Schlag" when you want cream in your coffee.

I could do without the fuckwit banging on the bongos though.

5/10

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home