Teh URL

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Mylo - Drop The Pressure

Track Review
Released: 2004
Download It (7.3MB)

People on the street keep requesting me to do a breaks review. Everywhere I go, there's a bunch of clueless hacks tellin' me to get into the "breaks".

Well, mofo, how about I "breaks" your fucken face in?

People on the street also sometimes offer me hand relief for $30.

This Mylo track isn't actually "breaks", but for my sake, let's just roll with it, OK? So I'm actually reviewing "electro-house"? Who cares?

Mylo pisses me off because he represents all the worst aspects about dance music. He's a boring uncharismatic geek who tirelessly slaves away on his PC in his bedroom to produce his "music".

To think we once thought this was the future, boys and girls! Thankfully, the focus of popular music has since been rightfully restored to more palatable notions of image, hype, more image, and getting laid.

Mylo was playing at Good Vibrations in Sydney a few weeks ago, but I chose to stay out of the pelting rain and listen to a bunch of aging "conscious hip-hop" time-wasters instead (arrested fucken development) in the under-cover tent.

I made the wrong choice.

This Drop The Pressure stuffs is a freakin boogie-inducing plump-djs belter of a track, and it manages to soar into kinetic points of top momentum while still appearing to cruise.

Consider me duly impressed and I can't believe I'm playing this thing over and over again.

Thems the breaks.

7/10

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home