Teh URL

Monday, May 09, 2005

Caffeine - Kau T'lah Pergi

Track Review
Released: 2000
Download It (6.6Mb)

In the heart of south-central Java is a province and capital city with a tremendous multicultural and multireligious history. This is Yogyakarta, pronounced JOEG-ja-kart-a and known simply among the locals as "Jogja."

In Jogja there is a the site of an ancient marketplace called Kraton with 2 huge trees in the middle of it. Legend has it if you walk a straight line between these trees your a wish will be granted, but theres a catch, you must navigate with your eyes closed. You are, however, allowed to have a guide who is to only let you know if you are about to walk into anything.

It was midnight, my guide, ironically, was "not girlfriend". On my first attempt, I ended up back where I started, how the fuck that happened I have no idea. On my second attempt I was determined to make it. I shut my eyes and strode forward without pause.

When I opened my eyes, I'd done it! I'd walked that path, I had walked through the darkness and now knew what I was going to wish for. Grinning I turned in triumph to "not girlfriend", but she had already lost interest and was sms'ing one of her boyfriends.

7/10

1 Comments:

  • I've been to Yogyakarta.

    Apparently it's supposed to be some sort of cultural tourist mecca.

    However all there was some shitty temple and a really long main street full of shops all selling the same crap.

    I ended up playing street football with kids for 2 days.

    By Blogger commando, at May 09, 2005 11:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home