Teh URL

Monday, May 23, 2005

My Mine - Hypnotic Tango

Communal Review (track selection by Gareth)
Released: 1983
Download It (5.8MB)

Reyn
This sounds like the background music for a training montage in an 80s martial arts movie, until the chorus hits. Then it turns into the music playing in the club eddie murphy runs through whilst being chased by 2 bikers.

So synthed up and harmless it's hard to hate.

To hate this track would be akin to hating a puppy. And you would hate a puppy wouldnt you? Fascist Pig.

6/10

Dylan
I admit defeat on this one, I thought I liked it (for teh first minute) then I didn't like it, then I did, then it got really boring. By the second, it made me unwell. Like physically ill.

I don't really hate it though, but on some levels I do. I guess the analogy would be vomiting pineapple.

3/10

Gareth
I can't explain why I like this one so much. It's naff to the nth degree, and that chorus is an absolute shocker, comes out of nowhere like a sucker punch to the jaw.

However this has been on high rotation in my playlist for the last 2 months, and shows no sign of going away.

Early 80s Italian electro, I don't particulary want to hear any more of the genre ever again, but this track is unique enough to stand on its own.

8/10

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home