Teh URL

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Behemoth - The Reign Ov Shemsu-Hor

Delegated Review (Delegated by Gareth)
Released: 2005
Download It (15.5Mb)

This track hurts my soul.
That was probably it's purpose.

I say probably because i've yet to discover the rosetta stone that will allow me to decrypt one iota of aural meaning and/or pleasure from this track.

The big ominous progressions in the beginning, faintly hounded by the ee-ee-ee-ee strings promise something big and grand is gonna happen, watch out little metalheads you're gonna get your asses blown off!

Waiting......waiting.......more ominous progr-YAWN.
Oh wait....now someones screaming at me.

I'm not a fan of these gutteral death metal vocals.
They leave my mind heavy and dripping with their latin? polish? Is he angry? What's his motivation? After 8 minutes of this, I don't give a shit, I just wish Major. PigHeadBludd would shut the fuck up about whatever the hell, i'll just assume, he's pissed off about.

Also, usually I like the double kick drums...can't get enough, double kicks are supposed to psych you up, get your head banging. But in this context, where it's just constantly machine gunning in the background, it sounds like a piece of loose tarp flapping in the wind, just. god. damn. annoying.

Technical excellence means little to me in the context of a song. You can noodle all you want at a million miles per hour but if it doesn't connect me to anything, then it's just so much musical masturbation. I'm pro-masturbation, but 8 minutes of it is 7 minutes and 30 seconds too long.

I've had enough, this track has given me a headache. Congratulations Behemoth! Polish Death Metal is now going in with Reggae as genres I hate. Mission accomplished i'm sure.

1/10 (the silences get a point)

1 Comments:

  • ha ha ha may b if they had sung about some chick steeling yr wonton noodles u would have liked it. dood, r u sure ur not part of the trenchcoat mafia lol. coz all tha song u seem to like r about some chick makin u miserable. u should give em up like i said man. coz u dont want to be one of those guys who get dumped by sum chick n come an shoot the shitout of their school. or mebbe u do. mebbe u shuld email me man n we can talk about stuff, u know, coz i hate my skool 2. email me at jewbacca@yrmum.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 24, 2005 9:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home